Monday, August 8, 2011

Welcome Vacany Blog Judges- Feel Free to Look Over My School Work.

I’ll start this essay by saying anywhere besides where I’m currently living is an upgrade. Finding an ideal apartment for me consisted of looking at an apartment. That probably won’t be a good idea when I actually have to find an apartment but in my New York shack I’m usually tucked into bed by loud garbage trucks and even louder music. It’s almost like a competition. When the garbage truck comes through at 4am, the silence there was before instantly turns into a blend of Lil Wayne and the melodic sounds of horns. Those noises are accompanied by the blissful voices of the garbage men rapping along with Lil Wayne. While the garbage truck compacts the garbage with Beethoven-like genius and timing. Needless to say I don’t get much sleep.

The apartment I found is a gated off community, something that I wish I had. It gets quite repetitive when you have to come home and people are sitting on the stoop, so you have to back up get a running start and leap over them. Asking them to move usually results in an argument and prolongs the amount of time it takes to get into the house.

The rent also had me completely astonished. Being from New York City a one bedroom, one bathroom cockroach infested place still cost about 800 dollars. It’s almost like the roaches are accounted for in the expenses. I’m sure you know about NYC rent though. The rent for this place in Atlanta, Georgia (another big city) has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms for as low as $950.00 and as much as $2,150.00. Where I live the rent is 1,300.00 I know because I have to get into Michael Jordan's pose and leap down my stoop to the rent office and pay a woman $600 extra dollars then what she deserves.

All of this already had me, but it was kind of like a bad infomercial “Wait there’s more!” not only is it aesthetically appealing it accepts pets, has a swimming pool and Laundromats, a fitness center, garages and most importantly a dishwasher. That means no more lemon smelling hands after scrubbing at a stain on a plate only to figure out it won’t come off. It also means I don’t have to get on the New York public transportation. Which on any given day you can get robbed, groped, have a conversation with a drunken person and over pay for the below average service. There’s no way any other apartment is better than this one. It would be like comparing the Yankees to the Mets. Apartments are lovable because of all of their flaws. Mine having more than others. However the apartment in Georgia has a certain level of professionalism. It’s reliable, and at the end of the day you know you’re at top quality, your proud to say its your house. Unlike with a Mets quality house where you say "Yeah, I live here" under your breath, a bag over your face, a big red "Sucker" written over your forehead.

Thanks for spending your time to read this if you got to this point. Even if I don’t receive the scholarship hopefully this was more enjoyable than others. Here’s a picture of my current dwelling. Thanks again.

Georgia apartment: http://www.vacancy.com/georgia/atlanta-apartments/1050-lenox-park-apartments/amenities/

Chris's House:



Property Listing: http://www.vacancy.com/georgia/atlanta-apartments/1050-lenox-park-apartments/amenities/

No comments:

Post a Comment